The Ridetheberg Mountain Bike Race 2017 has a cancellation policy pertaining to refunds. This is necessary because most of the expenses incurred in staging this event are committed to in advance, and as such refunds are only possible well in advance or when a replacement can be found. Refunds and/or substitutions where allowed will be subject to a nominal administration and handling fee.
- Full payment is required on entry. An entry is only confirmed on full payment of the entry fee.
- 85% of of the entry fee paid will be refunded if an entry is cancelled in writing on or before midnight on Friday 31 March 2017. Substitutions will be allowed before midnight on Friday 31 March 2017 subject to the procedures and conditions described below.
- From 1 April 2017 65% of the entry fee paid will be refunded if an entry is cancelled in writing on or before midnight on Sunday 14 May 2017. Substitutions will be allowed before midnight on Sunday 14 May 2017 subject to the procedures and conditions described below.
- From 16 May 2017 until midnight on Sunday 11 June 2017 only substitutions will be allowed. In the absence of a substitute being found, no refunds will be allowed. Ultimately it is the original entrant’s responsibility to find a substitute, but the Ridetheberg Race Organisers will assist if they can. Substitutes will be required to complete the online substitution process. All substitutions will be subject to a R250 administration and handling fee, which fee will be processed either as an additional fee or as a deduction from any refund, depending on which will be most applicable.
- Entries for Ridetheberg 2017 will close at midnight on Sunday 11 June 2017, or when in the Race Organiser’s discretion, capacity has been reached. No refunds or substitutions will be allowed after this date.